Small Groups Notes
You can download the notes in PDF format here.
Ice Breaker: Someone once said that everything we do is either motivated by love or fear. If that is true, what is it that motivates you most of the time? Why?
- Our passage clearly indicates that a sinful nature remains in the believer. Can you give other evidence in Scripture for this?
- In what ways do the fruit of the Holy Spirit differ from the works of the flesh? What is the first and most important fruit of the Spirit? Why?
- What particular fruit would you ask the Holy Spirit to help you to cultivate more in your daily life? Are there any fruits of the Holy Spirit that you can see more than others in your life?
- What does it mean to “crucify the flesh with its passions and desires”? (v. 24) What are some common mistakes people make about what it means to “crucify the flesh”?
- Discuss what it mean to “live” or “walk” by the Spirit? What is the twofold role that Christians have in the work of bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit? What is involved in each?
Pray that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series on the Holy Spirit.