Our 2018 spring preaching & small group series is about The Holy Spirit - His Presence in Your Life. Join us on Sundays and in small groups as we learn from the example of Abraham's faith in God. You can join a small group by clicking here.
Small Groups Notes
You can download the notes in PDF format by clicking here.
Ice Breaker: What is the one book other than the Bible that has had the greatest influence on you? Why?
Pray that God will bless your time of study and fellowship.
- Why is what Jesus said about the Spirit (John 14:16-17, John 14:26)
- so important for understanding the nature of the Spirit?
- Describe how the Holy Spirit is divine (his deity). How can we know that he is not just an energy source?
- What are some of the ways that the Bible gives personal treatment to the Holy Spirit?
- Discuss some of the symbols, names and titles of the Spirit. What do they tell you about who the Holy Spirit is? In what ways do they give you insight into his nature?
- How does the Spirit bring about salvation in a person‘s life?
- What is the difference between regeneration and sanctification? Discuss how the Holy Spirit works in each.
- What is the major purpose of the Holy Spirit in a person‘s life?
- Reflecting back on your salvation experience, in what ways can you recognize that the Holy Spirit was at work in your life?
- Do you agree with the statement: “If you focus on the Spirit without the Word, you blow up. If you focus on the Word without the Spirit, you dry up. If you have both the Word and the Spirit, you grow up?” Why or why not?
Pray that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series on the Holy Spirit.