Our 2018 winter preaching & small group series is about the life of Abraham. Join us on Sundays and in small groups as we learn from the example of Abraham's faith in God. You can join a small group by clicking here.
Small Groups Notes
You can download the notes in PDF by clicking here.
Pray God blesses your study. Open to Genesis 22:1-14 and dive into his Word!
- How did God test Abraham? (22:1-2) What did God tell Abraham to do? (22:1-2) How did Abraham respond to God’s test? (22:3-10) How did God spare Isaac’s life? (22:10-12) What substitute did God provide? (22:13-14)
- Notice Abraham's words: "...we will come back to you" (22:5) and "God himself will provide the lamb..." (Genesis 22:8). What did Abraham believe (Hebrews 11:17-19)?
- What circumstances or events has God used to test your faith? What was the last venture or sacrifice God asked of you?
- According to James 2:17, 20-24, what important lesson does he think we should draw from Abraham's experience?
- In what ways can we see Abraham’s faith influence Isaac?
- In what ways are God the Father and Jesus like Abraham and Isaac in this story, and in what important way are they different? How does this impact your faith and ability to follow Jesus?
- Isaac lived to the ripe old age of 180! How do you think his experience on Mount Moriah affected him the rest of his life?
How have you grown in your understanding of God and his grace through these portraits of Abraham? Praise God for his faithfulness and pray that we apply these truths to our lives.