Our 2018 winter preaching & small group series is about the life of Abraham. Join us on Sundays and in small groups as we learn from the example of Abraham's faith in God. You can join a small group by clicking here.
Small Groups Notes
You can download the notes in PDF format by clicking here.
Pray God blesses your study.
Open to Genesis 20:1-18 and dive into his Word!
- What did Abraham say about Sarah, and what happened as a result? (20:1-2) How did God speak to Abimelech, and what did he tell him? (20:3-7) What did Abimelech do in response to what God told him? (20:8-10) What explanation did Abraham give for what he did? (20:11-13) What did Abimelech give Abraham, and what was Abraham’s response? (20:14-18)
- Recall a time in your life when God’s faithfulness contrasted your faithlessness. What evidence of God’s grace did you see in that situation? In what ways is the realization of God’s sovereign control over life a comfort to you?
- How do you think God views your failures? How does the life, death and resurrection of Christ affect God’s view of us?
- How would you answer the argument that if we can’t lose our salvation by sinning, then it will encourage us to sin more? How can we emphasize grace without encouraging a disregard for holy living? What does the Bible mean when it says we are dead to sin and how does that help us (Romans 6:1-14)?
- In light of the story of Abraham and Abimelech, what steps can you take in your life to keep from repeating old sins?
- Have you grown in your understanding of God and his grace through these portraits of Abraham? Praise God for his faithfulness and pray that we apply these truths to our lives.