These are the small group notes for part two of this series. On September 24, 2017 Pastor Daniel preached this message. You can download the notes in PDF format or you can follow along below.
Small Groups Notes
Read Psalm 19 and 2 Timothy 3:1-17 and pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- How would your relationship with God be different if you had to look for his words that were scattered among all the writings of Christians throughout church history?
- Have you had doubts or questions about the truthfulness and authority of any of the Bible? What caused those questions? Have you been able to resolve them? If so, how?
- Since the Bible really is God’s Word, that is, since God really talks to us through what is written in the Bible, what should our attitude be to listening to the Bible when it is read? When reading the Bible for ourselves? When hearing the Bible taught and preached?
- According to 2 Timothy 3:1-17, why do we need God's Word? In light of these verses, how does God's Word help us with our expectations about the way the world is, and what will happen to those who seek to live a godly life?
- ”All Scripture is God-breathed.” How does this understanding of God's Word help you to believe they are actually all you need (sufficient) to know Christ and live a holy life in a sinful world?
- Has God's Word helped you to live a godly life in this world? If so, how?
- What is your favourite part of Psalm 19, and why?
Pray that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series.