“So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.” Ephesians 2:19-22
These are the small group notes for part one of this series. On September 17, 2017 Pastor Daniel preached this message. You can download the notes in PDF format or you can follow along below.
Small Groups Notes
Read Ephesians 2 and pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- What are some of the ways people, including Christians, have an inadequate view of the church?
- How does it affect you to “remember” your situation before you knew Christ (Ephesians 2:11-12)? How are you encouraged by meditating on your new status (Ephesians 2:13,19-22)?
- How does verse 18 relate to prayer? How should it affect our view of prayer?
- How does this passage (Ephesians 2:19-22) emphasize the corporate / family nature of Christianity? How should this passage change the way we think about the church?
- Which of Paul’s analogies of the church - kingdom, family, or temple - made the biggest impact on you? Explain why.
- What can the church do to promote diversity?
- Why is a unified church a great witness to the world?
Pray that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series.