These are the small group notes for part two of this series. On October 1, 2017 Pastor Daniel preached this message. You can download the notes in PDF format or you can follow along below.
Small Groups Notes
Share a fact about yourself that might surprise your group. Then pray together that God will help you learn more about him too.
- Read together Romans 12:1-2 and 1 Corinthians 10:31 and discuss their application to our living a life of worship 24 and 7.
- What are some of the blessings and benefits of consistent church attendance?
- What are the foundational elements of corporate worship as derived from Scripture? Why is it important and helpful for God’s Word to define corporate worship, and not the church?
- What was the mistake of Cyril of Jerusalem? In the freedom and formation of our corporate worship, why must care be given to the “law of unintended consequences” still today? How does Proverbs 16:25 and 1 Corinthians 14:40 apply?
- C.S. Lewis said, “The perfect church service would be one we were almost unaware of; our attention would have been on God.” What do you think he means by this?
- How does Jesus’ words in John 17:17 echo the statement that Scripture-informed worship is critical to our spiritual transformation?
- When the call to a biblically worshipful life seems too hard how does remembering the gospel help to shape our worship?
Pray (yes, keep praying) that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series. Thank you!