Our 2018 spring preaching & small group series is about The Holy Spirit - His Presence in Your Life. Join us on Sundays and in small groups as we learn from the example of Abraham's faith in God. You can join a small group by clicking here.
Small Groups Notes
You can download these notes in PDF format here.
Welcome everyone and pray together asking for requests and for God to open hearts and minds to the truth of his Word.
Ice Breaker: When have you most sought God’s help with an important decision in your life?
- What do you think of Dr. Bruce Waltke statement that it is more a pagan notion rather than a Christian one when we refer to God’s will as something we are to find or discover? How does Deuteronomy 29:29 help us to understand his statement?
- The Spirit’s role as Paracletos is one of being a Counsellor, Helper, Supporter, Comforter, Encourager, and Advocate. In which way has the Holy Spirit been ministering to you lately?
- Why do you think the Evil One works to get us to disengage our minds? Why is it such a foundational and important ministry that the Holy Spirit works to ‘renew our minds’ (Romans 12:2)?
- What kinds of pitfalls in discerning God’s will have you experienced personally or seen in others? How has the Holy Spirit helped you to be more self-aware? Why should we be careful in saying, “God told me” or “God told me to tell you”? What would be a better way of expressing God’s guidance?
- Have you had times when the Holy Spirit brought to mind the wisdom of God’s Word and personalized it for you in particular situations? If so, please share how you applied it.
Thank you for participating in this study of the Holy Spirit. Pray for one another and remember that... “The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Romans 14:17