Our 2018 spring preaching & small group series is about The Holy Spirit - His Presence in Your Life. Join us on Sundays and in small groups as we learn from the example of Abraham's faith in God. You can join a small group by clicking here.
Small Groups Notes
You can download these notes in PDF format here.
Welcome everyone and pray together asking for requests and for God to open hearts and minds to the truth of his Word.
Ice Breaker: What images and thoughts come to mind when you hear the word “revival”?
Is revival something we can schedule and make happen or is it something only God can bring about?
- How would you explain the difference between the baptism of the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How does the Holy Spirit bring renewal to us? Who were some of the major Christian leaders and missionaries who experienced the powerful work of the Holy Spirit in their lives? How did they respond to the Holy Spirit?
- In which era of church history would you have liked to live?
- Would you rather grow spiritually like a garden or like a forest fire and why? What are the ordinary means of grace that God uses to work steadily and powerfully in our lives?
- Do you agree that there’s ‘glory in the ordinary’? If so, how does this keep us from having unrealistic expectations? Why and how does the Holy Spirit bring renewal and revival to us?
Pray that our church family will grow closer to God and one another through this series on the Holy Spirit.