In the Words of a War Prayer series, Pastor Daniel will take us verse by verse through The Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6:9-13. These famous words are the model Jesus set for us to pray. During this series our small groups will be studying through Jesus' prayer. This week's message is called “Power & Praise that Bring Battle Victory."
Small Group Notes
Pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- What are some ways that we seek power and glory in our own lives?
- What is God’s power like? How does recalling God’s power help our prayer lives?
- What does God’s character have to do with his glory?
- Is our seeing God’s glory limited by the absence of the Old Testament shekinah? Why or why not?
- What does “amen” mean? What is involved in saying “Amen” to the Lord’s Prayer? How can we turn a negative, critical attitude into a life of resounding Amens?
- Have you quizzed yourself on how well you’re living out the entire Lord’s Prayer? If so, how are you doing? Where are you strongest and weakest?
- Complete this sentence: “The most helpful part of this study on the Lord’s Prayer for me has been....”
Remember to close in prayer for one another to give thanks for what God has taught us through this his Word and study together on the Lord’s Prayer.