In the Words of a War Prayer series, Pastor Daniel will take us verse by verse through The Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6:9-13. These famous words are the model Jesus set for us to pray. During this series our small groups will be studying through Jesus' prayer. This week's message is called “Forgiveness that Makes You Battle Strong” and is all about Matthew 6:12 - "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
Small Group Notes
Pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- How many countries have we visited or lived in as a group?
- Total up a list of all the different countries.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how forgiving are you (1 = “one strike and you’re out,” and 10 = “forgiving is as easy as breathing”)?
- How does the Lord’s Prayer define sin? How is this seen in our daily living?
- How does sin hinder and harm our relationship with God and others? What then is the importance of repentance and confession in prayer? How much repentance and confession would you say your prayers contain? Why?
- Why does a person need to confess daily sins after becoming a Christian? How does having God as our Father help us in this? Why should we take this very seriously?
- What is the condition in this petition? How do you feel about this? Why do you think Jesus, as seen in Matthew 5:7; 6:12,14-15, was so adamant about it?
- Read Colossians 3:12–13, Ephesians 4:32, and Matthew 18:21–35. These passages help us to see that as God has first forgiven us, we are to forgive one another. How can we more readily extend grace and forgiveness to one another?
Remember to close in prayer for one another and for our church family as we together study this important matter of prayer.