Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way! During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 6.
Small Group Questions
- When was the last time you were really surprised by
- something that happened to you?
- What did Peter liken suffering to? (4:12) How does a ‘fiery trial’ act as a separator of what’s pure from what’s impure in your life? How can not being surprised by suffering help you?
- In what did Peter tell his readers to rejoice? (4:13) How are you at doing this? Under what circumstance did Peter tell these believers they would be blessed? (4:14) What causes you to be blessed? How shouldn’t these believers suffer? (4:15)
- What did Peter urge his readers to do if they suffered as Christians? (4:16) How can you do this? For what did Peter say it was time? (4:17) What question does Peter ask? (4:17)
- How did God use the judgement of the flood in Noah’s day as a separator? How does the ordinance of baptism relate to this and also act as a separator? (1 Peter 3:18-22)
- How do you feel about the fact, as Peter states in 4:19, that we ‘suffer according to God's will’? What fiery trials have you gone though as a believer? What effect has this had on you?
- When you suffer what is it to ‘entrust your soul to a faithful Creator’? What helps you to do this? (4:19)
- Close in prayer for one another, and for our fellow believers who are severely persecuted and living as refugees.