Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way! During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 8.
Small Group Questions
- Pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- Why do you think the Devil in popular culture is portrayed as having horns, a red suit, pointy tail, and a pitch fork? What do you think he really looks like?
- What does Peter say the motivations for shepherding should be? What are the possible distorted motives for leadership? (vv.2-3) Why is humility paramount in the character of a leader? Why is character as or more important for leadership than aptitude?
- How can we clothe ourselves in humility toward one another? How have we failed in this and where do we need to repent? When have you experienced God’s grace for humility or his opposition to your pride? Can you give an example of casting your anxieties on Jesus?
- What are the two common mistakes we make about the Devil? What do you think gives him opportunities to devour us? How do we resist the Devil and his schemes? (vv. 8-9) What does it look like to be sober-minded and watchful in your life? Where do you need to be more active in resisting the Devil?
- What is the reward at the end of a life of obedience and humility? (v. 10) How has your hope in being called into his eternal glory affected your daily life?
- What does Peter say is the true grace of God? (v. 12) How has this book of 1 Peter given you strength to stand firm in the true grace of God? How has God‘s character been revealed to you for daily living through this book of 1 Peter?
- Close in prayer for one another, giving thanks to God for all he has done through this study of 1 Peter in your life and group.