Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way! During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 7.
Small Group Questions
- Pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word. Imagine that the world is going to end and Christ is returning
- in twenty-four hours. What will you do over this time? Why?
- What are some things in the culture, or from your old way of living, that you reject that others find strange about you? How can you reject such things in a loving way? How will those that malign you be held accountable for their actions?
- How does what we think affect the way we live? What help do we receive from “arming ourselves with” a good understanding of the sufferings of Christ for us? What does it mean to be done with sin?
- What did Peter instruct his readers to do since the end of all things was near? What does this look like in your life? How does this affect your prayers?
- What did Peter encourage his readers to do above all? What does it mean that love covers a multitude of sins? Is being apart of a community of faith optional for Christians? Why or why not?
- Why does God give us spiritual gifts? How is God glorified through our service for one another? What gift(s) has God given you that you could use to serve others?
- How does hospitality highlight the gospel that we believe? In what ways can you offer hospitality?
- Close in prayer for one another, and for our fellow believers who are severely persecuted and living as refugees.