Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way!
During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 5.
Small Group Questions
- Why does God allow government? v.14 What effect does humble obedience have on many people? v.15 What did Peter tell his readers not to do with their freedom? v.16 How might we do this? Who do we ultimately serve?
- What role do you think respect plays in our interactions with authority? To whom did Peter encourage his readers to submit?
- What commendable act is God pleased with in vv.19-20?
- Why do you think it is so difficult to submit to people who have authority over us? To what authority (person or institution) do you especially need God’s help to submit?
- What did Christ leave us? Why? v. 21 What does Isaiah 53:9 say about Christ? How did Jesus deal with His suffering? vv.22-23 Why did Christ bear our sins? v. 24 How can you follow Christ’s example of suffering without retaliating?
- What are some challenges of being a wife? What are some challenges of being a husband? What does it mean to be submissive to another person? What does it not mean? How would you reply to the criticism that Peter’s instructions on marriage are outdated and don’t apply in today’s world?
- Would you say that it is easier to be beautiful on the outside rather than on the inside? Why, or why not? How can someone develop inner beauty as Peter described?
- How might the way a person treats their spouse hinder one’s prayers? How do you need to change the way you treat your spouse? What are some steps every spouse can take to honour his or her partner?
- Close in prayer for one another, thanking God, as well, for character checks in Scripture.