Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way! During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 2.
Small Group Questions
Pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- Share what you hope God will do in you, and your group, through this study. Ask for volunteers to read 1 Peter 1:3-12 from various translations.
- What is the motivation behind God giving us new birth? Why is the resurrection so significant with regard to our hope in Jesus? What are the three dimensions of our salvation? Did they resonate with you? If so, how?
- What is the essential difference between a Christian and a non-Christian? How does the story of Nicodemus highlight this?
- What is the living hope we are born in to? How does Peter describe our inheritance in v. 4? What is the significance of these words to you?
- To what does Peter attribute the purpose of trials in our life? How does the way you react to your trials reveal what you believe? In what ways have you seen your faith tested and Christ glorified through trials in your life?
- What are some signs that you are truly born again? Which one do you most identify with now, and which one would you like to experience more in your life?
- How is the inexpressible joy of verse 8 manifested in your life? What things in your life hinder or subdue that joy?
- In a fiery trial where do you usually look first for comfort? Describe a time when you have gone to scripture for comfort in the midst of a trial and found peace in God?
Close in prayer for one another.