Exiles Enroute will take us on a journey through the book of 1 Peter in the Bible showing that Jesus Lights the Way!
During the Exiles Enroute series our small groups will also be studying 1 Peter. Here are the notes for week 4.
Small Group Questions
- Read 1 Peter 2:1-10 as a group and then pray that God will bless your time of fellowship in his Word.
- What is something that is very precious to you, and why?
- As Paul said in Romans 1:16, the gospel is the power of God that saved us. Can you provide examples of how the gospel continues to grow us up in our salvation?
- How did the coming of Jesus change the Old Testament temple and priestly system? What are some ways that we serve as a priesthood of believers today?
- How does being called a priest make you feel? How well would you say you are serving as a gospel priest? What would you say is your reputation with nonbelievers in your life?
- What darkness has Christ called you out of? What does the light look like in your life? What are the passions of the flesh that wage war with your soul?
- Why is it important for believers to live holy lives? How could being disobedient to God cause others to stumble?
- What is a cornerstone? How is Jesus like a cornerstone to you? In what ways is Jesus a stumbling block to some people?
- When have you felt rejected? How is Christ precious to you?
- Close in prayer thanking God for Christ our cornerstone, and the privilege of serving as royal priests, asking him to help us build one another up in love and in sharing the gospel with others.