In this message Pastor Daniel preaches the seventh and final part of our series in Ephesians 6:10-20 on the Armour of God. This week is about “All Prayer. - Our Supplication”
Warm-up. Share a favourite means of communication and why. Pray God blesses your fellowship and study time together.
1. Why is prayer so crucial? Why then is it so neglected?
2. According to Paul, here in Ephesians 6:18-20, how are we to pray? When are we to pray? Who are we to pray for? What kinds of prayers does he mention?
3. Describe a time when you felt an utter dependence on the Spirit in prayer, when you sensed he was helping you. Why is it so difficult for us to daily depend on the Spirit in our praying?
4. What elements of prayer (ACTS = Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) are strengths in your personal prayer? What elements are weakest?
5. What could you do to bring your prayers - both alone and together with other Christians - in line with Paul’s teaching and example here? How could you better pray “for all the saints”? Share some ideas with one another.
6. We might expect Paul, who is in chains in prison, to ask that the Ephesians pray for his release, but he doesn’t. What was his prayer request (vv. 19-20)? How can we follow Paul’s example?
7. What has stood out, or has been most beneficial, for you in this study series on the Armour of God from Ephesians 6:10-20?
It is good to pray God’s Word - the Scriptures - back to him. Take turns personalizing and praying passages of the Psalms out loud as you close your study time together.