Challenge 2016 - Details
Challenge is our annual student conference in October. Every October we welcome 450+ students and leaders at Challenge for worship, teaching, Life Experienced sessions and Love Out Loud! Here are some of the details you need to know:
Talent Show [Friday Night]
- Late night on Friday at Challenge is our annual Talent Show! Can you sing, dance, act, juggle, play an instrument, are you in a band? Sign-up during registration when you arrive on Friday and you may just get to be a part of the 2016 Challenge Talent Show!
- Note: All acts must be registered by the main youth leader of the church youth are from and are subject to the approval of the Challenge Lead Team. Also, all musicians must bring their own instruments.
Life Experienced [Saturday Morning]
- Saturday morning at Challenge is story time! We're not talking about children's books, we're talking about the life changing stories of God at work in the lives of people! You'll have choices, kind of like a choose-your-own-adventure novel. Every year, our Life Experienced sessions are a highlight as you hear the stories of Jesus changing and impacting the lives of real people!
Leaders Training [Saturday Morning]
- On Saturday morning, we have a special 1 hour session for leaders! Regardless of it you been a youth ministry leader for decades or are jumping in for the first time this weekend, we want to bless you, equip you, encourage you, and thank-you for giving your time, energy [and losing sleep] so that youth can meet and be transformed by Jesus!
Love Out Loud [Saturday Afternoon]
- One of the things that makes Challenge unique is Love Out Loud! On Saturday afternoon all 450+ of us will head out into the community to serve! Love Out Loud means living our faith in Jesus by serving others. In the past we've done things like partner with organizations like Open Arms and the Valley Care Pregnancy Centre, visit seniors homes, pick apples, rake leaves, and do random acts of kindness! Love Out Loud is one of the biggest highlights of Challenge every year!
Food at Challenge
- Your registration fee for Challenge 2016 includes meals and snacks - Friday night snack, 3 full meals on Saturday, mid-morning snack.
- Please inform us of dietary concerns when you register for Challenge and we will try to accommodate. If you have serious dietary concerns, please be prepared to bring some of your own food.
Questions about Challenge?
- If you have questions about Challenge 2015 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-681-7683.